Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014 Colinas, Chile

First area:  Colinas
This week was my first week in the Mission field and oh boy has it been crazy sweet! I have a new companion.. Elder Hall from Utah. He has been here a little over a year. He has been helping me get the routine and the language learned. He is a really cool guy. Our house is pretty sweet. Every saturday and thursday we go to the church to teah english classes for and hour and a half to church members and investigator and and contacts who we invited. I got to participate in a talent show and that was pretty fun. My companion and I did a skit. Was pretty funny. I serve in a branch that should have around 450 members attending but there is less than 25 members that attend church every sunday. Alot of people find it difficult to come to church because of work. It´s a big bummer. But lots of work to do here. I have a calling in the branch! I am the Elders Quorum 2nd counselor. And some wayyyyyyyyy cool news is that Elder Dirkmaat and I are in the SAME DISTRICT!!!!! So i see him for district class every wednesday. And it meens that we can do interchanges so me and nate can be eachothers companions for a day and procilyte and stuff!! There are only 6 people in our district! We have tons of missionaries in our mission and we are put in the same district! Geez thats crazy!! Its pretty sweet!
So we have to contact 140 people every week as a companionship. Everyday i run into at least 3 drunk people. We had one guy come up to me and shook my hand and wouldnt let go and he just started crying and sharing all of his problems with me. Another guy came up to me and asked if i was scared of him. Crazy people on the streets at night. Oh and in my sector we get to ride bikes!! My companion and I almost got hit a couple nights ago. Its very crazy at night when people are driving cars drunk. They drive crazy when they are sober! haha but it has been a blast. There are so many dogs around so we are Always being chased by dogs. Also yesterday afternoon we went to an apartment complex and chained our bikes up and went upstairs to knock on doors and when we came back down I guess someone shoved a piece of cardboard with nails in it right bewteen my tire and my break.. and i didnt notice it at first so when we got going again and i had to use my break i put a hole in my tire. Bunch of punks. We had to walk pretty far back to the house to repair it.
Yesterday I was able to share with a family my testimony. It was a really neat experience. It has been way cool! I love the Mission and I am SOOOO EXCITED FOR CAMERON!! Holy smokes thats soooo Sweet!!!!! Cant wait to hear where he´s going!!! 

Oh and poppy would be proud... I helped make a wall out of concrete!!
Chilean BBQ

Elder Brady chillin

Elder Brady and his cousin, Elder Dirkmaat

Mission pres and his wife, and first companion Elder Hall

Kitchen



study area

No comments:

Post a Comment