Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 2, 2015 Lampa, Chile

Zona: Colina
Sector: Lampa 1
Comp: Elder Rutan

Hola Hola,

Our P-Day was changed this week to Wednesday because Elder Krasnoselky of the Seventy came to visit us. It was a really neat conference! After the conference we had a leadership counsel with him and we pinpointed one of the big problems that our mission has -lack of faith. We talked about how we can help the missionaries develope more faith.

Last night my companion and I talked alot about what Elder Krasnoselsky had said to us. My companion asked me why I came on the mission and I told him that I came becasue I love our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. My companion then asked me "and why have you stayed on the mission?" That question made me think alot. Of course im still here on the mission for the same reasons to why I had come -but there is a difference from how I was working when I first started the mission and how I am working now. I realized that I have somewhat fallen into a routine, that there are times when I just 'go through the motions'. I realized that sometimes when I invite people to learn about the gospel I am not doing it because I love God or that I love this person and I want them to find happiness but I do it because I am a missionary. It's something that I have to do, it's part of my calling, part the the daily routine. I am not doing it for good numbers which is good, but Im still not doing it for the right reasons. It could be a lack of faith.
 I need to get out of this 'oh Im a missionary so that means i have to do this this and this' and get into this 'Wow!! I'm a missionary and I get to help God "to bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man" I get to help in this great work so i´m gonna talk to that person, share the gospel with him, share with him why i am a happy person and what Jesus Christ has done for him.' 
So this morning my companion and I set some goals and talked about things we need to work on to get out of the 'routine, going through the motions´ type thing and get working. 

I now that I am not the only missionary who has felt like this. I thought things were going pretty good and that I considered myself an alright missionary then God sent Elder Krasnoselsky and we all got destroyed! But he has helped us realized what we can do to improve and progress. Even my last 4 months in the mission I can still grow. I am thankful that we were able to be visited by Elder Krasnoselsky.


So Yesterday we had our conference and we weren´t able to work the whole day. Today is P-Day, we still do contacts and stuff during the day but its hard to have a lesson because we have to prepare! Tomorrow we have leadership counsel with Presidente Videla... So we are not going to be able to work that much this week. 

We hope to have 2 baptisms the 12th of December! We have been finding perople like crazy and our ward works really well with us missionaries and almost everytime we go to church there's a member with a reference.


But thats my week. Woot! 

Que tengan una buena semana!! 


Elder BRady




No comments:

Post a Comment