Sunday, December 6, 2015

November 23, 2015

This is a letter Wes wrote to one of his grandparents.  It was pretty awesome so I wanted to share it here with everybody.  I sure hope Wes doesn't mind!

Wow nonny! Thank you thats awesome that you found that! That makes a lot of sense. Being out here on the mission makes me love to learn- sometimes I just think about how exciting its going to be to go to school and learn more math or whatever it is. And learning more of the Gospel just everything. Being here has made me realize that i lack so much and I jsut want to learn. Someone asked me a question one time about the United States Constitution and I didnt have an answer and it made me want to learn more about the Constitution.

Whats the name of Elder Bednar's book?? I realized that I wasnt so much into churchy churchy stuff before. Like I would do the stuff - go through the motions but it was boring. Id rather do other things. We have investigators that dont want to go to church because its boring or they dont want to give up drugs or playing soccer or some are offended by other people. People who dont enjoy church and dont want to be there arent going to want to be in heaven either. As Brad Wilcox puts it: You cant put someone in heaven if they dont want to be heavenly. They will say the same - its boring, that person offended me, I have better things to do. 

So i have been trying to learn how to be a heavenly person. During my mission I have come to love going to church, participating in the clases, reading the scriptues and praying. I have come to realize at least a big portion of the power that these things have in our lives. Before I left on my mission i didnt even know what the word 'seer' meant. I was such an ignoramus! (as poppy would say)  I would litteraly just go through the motions but never learned and went through it with the 'this is boring' attitude.

I am so excited to be able to continue climbing ub that ladder after this life. I know that will not be boring, I have come to love it!


Thank you nonnny for sharing that with me! I love you!!

Elder BRady

No comments:

Post a Comment