Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February 2, 2015 Cerro Navia, Chile

Cerro Navia
Sector: Galvarino 2
C/ Elder Wilcox



This week has been really slow. My companion has been recuperating from a slipped disk so we have been having to take it slow and leave a few hours everyday. Its fine but I hate it also. I don´t feel like i am reaching my potential. I was thinking about how its going to be when i go home and that i am just going to feel guilty because I wont have so much to do like i do here in the mission. I will just feel super lazy. But anyways the work here in the ward is progressing little by little. We reactivated a man about 45 yrs old. We are super happy is is coming back to church. This week we have 2 families that we want to see back in church this sunday. Hopefully we can help them. We want to share with them Elder Jorg`s talk that he gave in the fall of 2013 - https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/approaching-the-throne-of-god-with-confidence?lang=eng .

We think this could help them and of course we will always follow the spirit and let it guide us in our lessons.

We have an investigator who is going to be baptized the 15 of this month. We just taught her the Law of Chastity last night and this next Wednesday we are going to teach her the law of tithing and fasting. We had to resolve a few problems that she had, a cause of the apostacy that our stake patriarch was giving in Gospel Principles class Sunday. There is so much pride in the church here sometimes and people just get in stupid arguements over who has better knowlege of the things of the gospel. This happened in church with our patriarch and a member and they ended up talking about things that were far from true and had nothing to do with the class. But I informed the Bishop and he is going to talk to them both and help us talk to our investigator so that she doesnt have a bad understanding of things. She is progressing so well. She is golden. Her kids love the church and I am excited. I can see them both growing up to serve missions. I dont know if this is my last sector but if it is I will be able to leave it knowing that I made a difference and I am content with that.

I have been thinking alot on how much I have grown in the mission. I remember before the mission I was just so prideful and lazy and didnt even know half of what I thought I knew about the Gospel. I remember the Stake President asking me what the word seer meant and I could not explain it to him but only that I knew that profets are seers. I was just so ignorant before. I am still progressing but it is amazing to see the change that I have made in myself. The mission is not easy at all. It is boring many days doing the same stuff over and over. All the responsibilities are sometimes difficult to take care of. But the changes that we make in these two years can last forever. They will give us so much experience to fight the problems that will will have down the road. Our character is changed for the better. The mission is amazing. Everyone should do it.

- Elder Brady


No comments:

Post a Comment