Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015 Cerro Navia, Chile

Cerro Navia
Sector: Galvarino 2
C/ Elder Wilcox



Hola Hola!! This week went by slow but it was also very good. We found another family to teach from a reference that we recieved from our office. We went and passed by and it was awesome. We didnt teach any lessons but we talked and got to know them and we shared a little scripture. We used Ch. 10 ¨How to begin Teaching¨ in Preach my Gospel.  We havent been able to visit again with them for quite some time because they have been having their house redone. We plan to visit with them this Friday so that we can invite them to church! 
    I had an intercambio with my district leader and that was a lot of fun I learned a whole lot from him. He is also from Chile so he helped me learn some chilean words and stuff it was fun.
    I told one of my favorite Hermanas that her Lunch was ¨La Raja¨ and I dont know I learned that It has two different meanings... Yeah Im still learning a great deal of Spanish.

    I have been trying to study a lot about the atonement and how we all need it. President Spencer W. Kimball talked about the woman caught in adultery. He points out that there is no evidence that the Saviour forgave the woman right on the spot, but said `Go and sin no more.´ President Kimball says that the Saviour directed her to go and abandon her evil life, start her repentance and change. Brother Brad Wilcox has a famous talk called `His Grace is Sufficient.´ He talks about the samething about how throught the atonment we can be changed. Perfection is a process. In His book he made an example out of the the priests blessing the Sacrament that I really liked. The Sacrament Prayer has to be perfect, but what happens when the priest messes up the prayer? - He gets another chance. The prayer still has to be perfect in the end. But the priest still gets another and another chance to get it perfect. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can change. We can become perfect step by step. I really enjoy studying the Atonment. 
    Some books that have helped me understand the Antonement are of course first the scriptures, but also a few authors have helped me understand it a little more and from many points of view. ¨The Miracle of Forgivness¨ by President Kimball, ¨The Continuous Atonment¨ by Brad Wilcox, and ¨The Infinite Atonement¨ by Tad R. Calister

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers letters and support.

:) Elder Brady

“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment