Monday, January 4, 2016

December 14, 2015 Lampa, Chile

Zona: Colina
Sector: Lampa 1
Comp: Elder Rutan



Wow it´s been a crazy week!! First we found a new family, and we had an investigator that went to church this last Sunday, we hope to have a baptismal service held for him on the 25th of Dicember. 
We have been seeing alot of success here in Lampa. The ward has been working really well with us. We have been trying to exercise more faith and find more people. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us so much. 

So a few days ago my companion and I were riding next to the church and saw that the doors were open and so we took that as an oportunity to take a quick drink of water. We walk in and our mission president is there! Wow!! Hello President!! He was there to release a missionary that just returned from Mexico (because we are in a district). Then my companion and I leave again for our next apointment. I start riding on my bike and we try going through one of the more flaite sectors through a bunch of small streets and then I get this stinging in my eye so I stop, rub it out and was waiting for my companion to come up right behind me- but he wasnt anywhere in sight!! I was frustrated because i wasnt going that fast and so i sat there for a couple minutes and still nothing. Shoot!!! I dont want to call President because he is going to destroy me especially because he is right here in Lampa. I try retracing going through the small streets and nothing! So I call President and he tells me to go back to the church. Shoot. I thought I was fried! He came out and was happy like there was nothing to worry about and gave me a hug and we just sat there and talked for like 30 minutes until my companion called from a members phone. I felt lucky because I have seen our President destroy a few missionaries when they lose their companions. So I decided that because my dad and family do so much for the mission he chose not to be mad at me.

Another interesting story... We have a neighbor who has a bunch of kittens, but she doesnt want them and whe has been throwing them over the fence! We let them out of our house and they return to her house and she just keeps throwing them back over. So I have had it pretty hard with allergies.

We had an awesome oportunity to participate in a Christmas Concert. I was able to play the violin with another Sister missionary for a good number of songs and I was really neat. There was about 500 people there, it was so hard to leave after but its all good. It started at 4 and we got home at almost 10 at night! Geez!

My Grandma shared an awesome part of the Liahona in Dicember and I would like to share it again because it is awesome:

I don't know if you are allowed to read the Ensign/Liahona but there was an article in the December issue that was so very powerful.  Just before President Packer passed away he had asked that his final testimony of Jesus Christ be printed in this magazine so all the members could read it.  Below is a small portion of his testimony: 

My Witness 

“After all the years that I have lived and taught and served, after the millions of miles I have traveled around the world, with all that I have experienced, there is one great truth that I would share. That is my witness of the Savior Jesus Christ. “Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon recorded the following after a sacred experience: “‘And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! “‘For we saw him’ (D&C 76:22–23).

 “Their words are my words.” 6 “How privileged I have been throughout my life to be able to bear my special witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. I testify in all humility, but with absolute certainty, that He is the Only Begotten of the Father. This is His Church; He presides over it and directs this work. He is our Redeemer. I know He lives, and I know Him. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ."

Read that very carefully...what he is saying is that he has seen Jesus Christ!  He quotes Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon saying that they had seen Christ, and then adds that "their words are my words."  That just kind of takes my breath away to think that Elder Packer saw Christ and he testifies with absolute certainty who He is.


We are so blessed to be here at this time and to have this restored gosple in our lives. To participate in the gathering of the house of Israel. 


Elder Brady



No comments:

Post a Comment